Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Madapple

What a confusing book.

I just finished Madapple, a novel by Christina Meldrum. It was quite a confusing book, mostly because it had too many flashbacks (or flashforwards I suppose) and the storyline wasn't very clear. It did, however, give me an interesting tour through world religions, both ancient, and ones practiced today, and it gave me an interesting view of what goes on in a courtroom.

It was a tale of murder, of romance, of fate, and of family. A tale of happiness and sadness, of right and wrong and morals galore. (sorry about that - I was feeling poetic.)

Well, the basic storyline was that there was a girl. Her name was Aslaug. Her mom dies. She is sad. :( Then, she gets tried for murdering her mom. She goes to live with her aunt. Her aunt gets murdered. You should get the point by now.

The writing was very good for a first time author, and she clearly did her research well...

4.5/5
Very Good

Ages 12 and up for content and storyline...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I've heard good things and bad things about this one. I might have to give it a try...

    ReplyDelete