Friday, February 27, 2009

Monthly Winner!!!

I am sorry - this post should have been on Monday, but I got so caught up in reading good books that I completely forgot - Remember that these winners are for posts before 11:59 PM on Sunday.

Today's winner is...














Little Brother, by Cory Doctrow...
Go to fullsize image

This fantastically written book was a good read - I would have given it the PRINTZ award - FAR BETTER than Jellicoe Road, especially if you understood the politics involved.

i also found out some more fabulous news! THIS BOOK HAS BEEN NOMINATED FOR THE NEBULA AWARD!!!

I warmly anticipate Doctrow's next novel (if it exists)

Congratulations!!!

My next award will be on Wednesday, March 25!
see you then!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Little Brother. I thought it was a great premise that hasn't been seen in YA lit. Have you read the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld? It is futuristic, but like Little Brother the books address how technology affects daily life.
    - D. Margarida

    ReplyDelete