Saturday, January 24, 2009

Monthly Winner

On the 24 of every month, I pick the best book I reviewed since the month before. This month, the award goes to...
(Drum roll please)


The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
This book, along with getting the highest rating I have given since Harry Potter, kept me sitting in my seat, turning page after page (which I would have done anyway - probably the bookworm instinct in me), and had one of the best stories I have seen in a while. I can't help but warmly anticipate the sequel, and more books by this wonderful author. Even though the beginning was rather slow, I stuck with the recommendations that I have received, and it paid off. I also found out some more good news. According to Publishers Weekly, Book Two, titled Catching Fire is due out September 8th so you won't have to wait too long. The final book in the trilogy is tentatively scheduled for 2010.
Congratulations!!


The next award is on February 23, 2009
See you for the awards then.
My next review will be out tommorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rohit,

    Hunger games sounds interesting - tell us a bit more? Looking forward to the next installment of your blog.

    Naga Doddappa

    ReplyDelete